Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A few cards I made

I like to make cards on occasion and have them on hand in case I need them. Here's a few I made recently and how I made them.

This first one was quite easy. I used red card stock for the card, and cut out some white page. I just tore it by hand to get the distressed edge look. I then put a shear red ribbon across the middle and added the embellishment in the middle. I then used glossy accents to create the bubble affect.




The next card was also quite simple. I used a brown card and then put a blue background on it. the phrase was actually a sticker and then I put brown brads around the sticker. Then on the bottom I stuck some ribbon to it. Easy...

I love making birthday cards because I am always giving them away. On this I used a yellow sideways card and put the green striped paper across half of it. The center has the cake in it(which is a sticker). It doesn't come across in the picture but I used glossy accents on some of the stars to give them a little pop. I then used a Happy birthday tag and ribbon on the bottom. 

On the next card I used a green card and put white card stock on top. I used a piercing tool and used green twine around the edge. The middle is a sticker. The bottom has green grass that I used from a cricut cartridge. In the very middle I used a small green button. I'm not sure what I will give this card for but I'll know when that time comes.

The last card is a friendship card. I'm undecided if i'm happy with it or not. The top phrase came from some paper I had and then I just cut that out and attached it. The flowers are 3 layered flowers with a button in the middle. To the right is a Friend embellishment that I had on hand. I think I'll hold onto this one for a little while and I'll eventually change it in to something I like better. 

You'll find that I love making cards and i love giving them away. I love sharing my craftmanship with others!!

No comments:

Post a Comment