Friday, November 4, 2011

Wedding card box

My sister asked me to make a card box for her wedding for her wedding over labor day weekend. When she first asked me I had no clue what to do or how to even start. I found a friend of mine that had a used & handmade card box that she passed around. The bottom was two circles with white satin fabric over it. Well I had to coordinate her wedding colors so I knew I had to change the color. First, I went to the fabric store and looked around for about 2 hours. I finally settled on the black satin fabric, hot pink/ teal shear fabric. I had no clue how I would use the fabric at first... After I experimented I finally I settled on putting the black satin fabric on the bottom layers, I added a rectangle square on top with the teal fabric, and then put the hot pink fabric inside. Lots of hot glue... Then I added the hot pink flowers and added color coordinating embellishments. I don't think the pictures do it justice but I was quite proud of my first card box. So heres a pic of the front & the back.







No comments:

Post a Comment